Every home should have an emergency evacuation plan. Get together with your family and write it down! here are some tips to get started:
1. Make a floor plan of your house.
2. Use a fire escape grid.
3. Be sure to include each floor and room.
4. note all potential exits
5. If possible, designate two ways to exit each room. Remember that windows may be used as exits.
6. Draw arrows to show which way to go. This is especially helpful with children.
7. Designate a meeting place outside. (a mailbox is a good spot to meet.
do you have an emergency evacuation plan?
During cold weather, there is a greater risk of fire. Following are a few simple tips to ensure a
happy and fire-safe winter season:
- Test your smoke alarms and make sure all family members and any guests know of your fire escape plan.
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stovetop. Never leave pots/pans unattended on the stove.
- All heaters need space. Keep things that can burn such as paper, bedding, or furniture at least 3 feet away from your heating equipment.
- If you smoke, smoke outside.
- If your clothes should catch on fire, STOP, DROP and ROLL.
- If there is an emergency call 911 - we are help to help you!
greenwood rural volunteer fire department - parker county, texas
1418 Greenwood cut-off road, weatherford, texas 76088